Comment #75 - Follow the Tootsie Woots blog via Google Friend Connect
It was in October that I first contacted Leah at GoGreen Pocket Diapers. The reason I contacted her is because I saw something totally amazing on her website. Cloth diapers in MANY colors for as little as $8.99 per diaper! Can you believe it?! I was very skeptical about the whole deal, but had to know for myself if they were as good as other diapers I’ve tried on my daughter, and…I’ve tried a lot!
Leah let me choose which diaper we wanted to test and I couldn’t make up my mind so she chose from my “finalist list” for me. Thanks Leah! LOL She sent me the Sunshine yellow diaper.
After a very fast delivery, I was very excited to open up the package and try it out, but of course after snapping a few pictures I stuck in the wash as you should with all new cloth diapers.
GoGreen Pocket diapers are one-size, meaning that they have adjustable snaps that you can use to fit babies and toddlers of many sizes. It doesn’t actually list this information on the website anywhere, but usually one-size diapers will fit a child from 8 – 35lbs. The information on the website just indicates that there are settings for Small, Medium and Large.
After the diaper was washed, I did some more inspection and took note of some things…
1. The outer fabric is a bit stretchier than my other diapers. I was afraid to pull on the snaps like I do with other diapers. I kind of felt like I was going to tear the fabric near the snaps.
2. The fabric gathers at the pocket opening. The pocket opening is where you stuff your inserts in so that the diaper is absorbent.
3. The diapers come with one insert. I would suggest purchasing one extra. It’s nice to have two in case you have a heavy wetter or for bedtime/naptime.
4. The color is remarkably bright and cheery!
5. The fabric that touches baby’s skin is very soft!
Here are some photos of the diaper as received.
As soon as my daughter wakes up, I will take a pic of her wearing the diaper. Our laptop decided to crash the other day and that was where I had her photos stored. :(
Now, here is what I have to say after using the diaper for a couple of months...
1. Although the fabric is stretchy, I’ve not had any problems with tears. Seems to be holding up just fine and the snaps are still “snappy”!
2. The gathering at the pocket opening is very nice for keeping those inserts from creeping out and making an appearance. A lot of inserts on the market are made extremely long and when you don’t have the gather at the opening, they be kind of tricky to get them to stay hidden.
3. I was able to use the diaper with just the one insert for daytime use, but needed to double stuff with one of my extra inserts for naptimes and such. This is very common with cloth diapers and would not be considered an “issue”.
4. That bright and cheery color is here to stay. I have not noticed any fading at all!
5. Even the fabric that touches baby’s skin has stayed soft. Some other pocket diapers can get pilly, but so far this one hasn’t and I’ve used it for a couple months now.
6. I’ve not noticed any stray threads or loosening of seams. All in all, I’m very impressed with this diaper.
GoGreen Pocket Diapers have a great product here and you can’t hardly beat the price of $8.99/diaper! GGPD sells a variety of diapers…solid silky, printed silky, pastel silky, and even fuzzy! Other accessories available on their website include…wipes, microfiber inserts, wet/dry bags, and even gift certificates.
Additional information about GGPD
1. Shipping is a flate rate of $5.00 per order
2. They have a 15 day wash ‘n wear policy, which they describe as…”Use our diapers for two weeks and if you don't LOVE them by the end of 15 days, send 'em back for a full refund”.
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it?!
Want to purchase a GoGreen Pocket Diaper? You can go directly to their website and place your order at www.gogreenpocketdiapers.com
Want to win one?! Leah has generously offered up for a prize to one lucky winner a GoGreen Pocket Diaper of choice! For your chance to win, all you have to do is enter!
This giveaway closes on 12/12/10 at Noon CST. The winner will be announced on the blog and sent an e-mail for notification purposes. The winner has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. All winners are chosen via http://www.random.org/
Although I may have received free product in order to do this review, it in no way affects the outcome of my review. All opinions are my own honest opinions.