Congratulations Nicole Sommer! You won!
Random.org chose comment #8 and I can't get it to load right now :(
First off, how many of you out there know what Feminine Cloth or Mama Cloth is? I didn’t until a few months ago, so for those of you in the dark, I will shed some light on the subject. Feminine cloth is reusable, washable, and a great eco-friendly alternative to dealing with monthly visits from “Aunt Flo”.
I have been a dedicated user of tampons for years and years, practically right from the beginning, so trying out Feminine Cloth was a big adjustment for me. I think it is one that I could get use to for the following reasons.
1. It is popular belief that the chemicals found in disposable suppositories actually make your period heavier and last longer since it throws your body all out of whack. Say goodbye to TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) warnings on the products you use!
2. Better for the environment. Just like disposable diapers, suppositories add to landfill waste and can be prevented.
3. Easy to use. All you do is unfold, connect the wings via a snap and you are done!
4. Cute! Feminine cloth is becoming as popular as cloth diapers these days. You can find all sorts of styles and fabrics! The package I was sent from For the Monster have shiny floral patterns.
5. Just like disposables, they come in all shapes and sizes. I’ve seen regular, lights, liners, heavy, postpartum and even thongs!
6. Clean up is a piece of cake. Just like with cloth diapers, you don’t want to use a detergent that is going to leave a film on them, otherwise they will start to repel moisture. Make sure you use a diaper safe detergent and you’re golden.
Okay, are you curious to see what Feminine Cloth looks like? Here’s some pictures taken of them expanded and folded up. That’s right…they snap to themselves and look like a little envelope when not in use, which is very convenient for storage and travel. Plus after use, it keeps everything inside where it should be.
If you are concerned about what to do about getting your FC back and forth from the bathroom or what to do when you are traveling, they make mini wetbags that are lined with a waterproof material so that you don’t have leaks and no one will be the wiser. Some wetbags even have a dry compartment for unused product. To everyone else, they will just think it’s your purse/clutch!
I have to admit, I thought I would have a major problem with cleaning the FC. I mean, how do you get bright red out of white cloth? Well, I’m not sure what happened in the washing machine, but it was taken care of. They came out just as white as if they were new!
All in all, it’s definitely an adjustment, but I think it is one that is well worth it!
Want to buy some Feminine Cloth for yourself?
Go to For the Monster and place your order today!
Want to win a package of Feminine Cloth from For the Monster?
You heard me right! For the Monster has generously donated one package (a set of three) of Feminine Cloth to be given away to one lucky reader! Yay! Open to both US and Canada.
All you have to do to enter is fill out the form below. That’s it! Super easy!
CLICK HERE TO ENTER
This giveaway will end on November 18th at Noon CST.
Although free product was received as part of this review, it in no way affects the opinions within the review. Information contained in this review is truthful and based upon my own experiences, yours may be different.